Wednesday 5 September 2012

Recovering From Addiction


I interviewed Tom Huber for one of my magazines, he's a recovering addict, addicted to pretty much everything, and now he's a counsellor specializing in addiction.

So why did I choose Tom? I mean, I'm surrounded by addicts, why him?

Because of his magnetic positive attitude and witty sense of humour. He is the perfect advocate for people who think that giving up alcohol or drugs means giving up your personality too. 

I met him during a visit to Focus12, recovery home to Russell Brand, Davina McColl and Boy George, and also one of my best friends/ex partner (yes, we're one of those weird ones) Nail. He told me "Being a part of someone getting clean is better than heroin" How many people can say that about their job?

Here's the article..

http://www.mentalhealthy.co.uk/addiction/drug-addiction/recovering-from-addiction.html


No comments:

Post a Comment