Thursday 16 February 2012

... and delete.


Luckily there is a "delete post" option on blogger. I wish I could say the same for mobile phones, email accounts and social network sites. I' not just talking about the 3am texts and in-boxing to potential or ex boyfriends - although I think Nokia should design a built in breathalyzer which disables the send option when it detects tia maria and cava - but sometimes I "send before you think", in fact most days, but yesterday in particular I wrote a long detailed blog about how I've rediscovered Specsavers, and how Ian (Specs consultant) at Tottenham Court Road branch is possibly the best shop assistant I'd ever met and as I was looking at the Specsavers website trying to find a place for "Reviews on Ian" I wondered whether a supersize bouquet of flowers or a Thorntons selection would be too much. Needless to say, when I read my post back to myself, out loud, in a Scottish accent (to sound like someone else had written it) I deleted it. I do that a lot. I still think Ian is fantastic I just wish to keep it to myself, and not get myself banned (You can get banned from being anti-social in most places but I bet you can get banned from being too fond, it scares people).

I did something similar in Weatherspoons in Hackney once, whilst speaking to the manager about how he had the best staff team I've ever seen in all my time in the catering industry (which is bollocks) I burst into tears. I avoid that place too now. Even though thats as classy as you get in Hackney.

Pic.. from my Knitted Pics album

No comments:

Post a Comment