Monday 31 January 2011

ASDA - The musical




Well done me!

Two reasons, firstly, and it's only taken five years, I have come to realise that by taking medication at night, my days work so much better for me. Mood stabilizers have a tendency to make us drowsy, even on top of the caffeine and other fuels we use to "keep up" and for those of us who "forget" we have a disorder which means we have to take groggy meds for the rest of our lives we can find ourselves beating ourselves up for being "lazy.. uncreative.. boring.. job dodgers.." etc when all we're doing is bathing in our side effects. So, I take my meds at night and I stay awake, alert and yes, at times a little manic during the day. 


A close friend of mine is going through a divorce and his girlfriend has temporarily moved to her sisters and I found myself upsetting him even more by asking rapid, random questions about the dimensions of her sisters house rather than the fact that she has left him, so, I guess there are some small hang-ups to taking the meds at night but every once in a while people will need to meet me half way.

Secondly, these days it's hard to come up with an idea that has never been done before, so I'm going to write "ASDA - The Musical". I can't promise Andrew Lloyd Webber is going to buy it but it's a good start I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment